Wellington Sausage Rolls by
Freeze uncooked rolls in airtight container for 1 month. Add 5 to 7 minutes to baking time.
2 T. unsalted butter
3.5 oz. mushrooms, finely chopped
6 large beef sausages, casings removed
1 T. worchestershire sauce
1 T. hot sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
All purpose flour
1 lb. store bought puff pastry
1/4 cup whole grain mustard
1 medium egg, beaten
T. unsalted butter
5 oz. mushrooms, finely chopped
large beef sausages, casings removed
T. worchestershire sauce
T. hot sauce
lb. store bought puff pastry
whole grain mustard
medium egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400. Melt better in small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, cook until soft and moisture has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely, about 20 minutes.
2. Add sausage, worchestershire, hot sauce, salt and pepper to mushrooms. Mix well.
3. Lightly dust work surface with flour. Roll pastry into a 14x10 rectangle. Cut evenly into 3 long, thin rectangles. Brush pastry evenly with mustard, leaving 1/2 inch border. Brush edges evenly with egg.
4. Place sausage mixture down center of each pastry. Roll up each pastry to encase filling and brush seam with egg. Place on work surface seam side down, brush pastry with remaining egg. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Cut each roll into 8 pieces. Place rolls seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until golden and internal temperature reaches 165, 20 to 25 minutes.